The Autumn Equinox is almost upon us. Tomorrow, we will move to a perfect balance between darkness and light…and each day thereafter, the days will grow darker until the Winter Solstice. This is an important time to honor and playing in the falling light and also be inspired by the final harvests.
The Full Harvest Moon will grow to full light this Sunday as well. Here are some ideas to honor this time of transition:
- Make a bonfire or light candles to celebrate all that the sun has gifted you this season.
- Watch the sun set each evening and soak in each ray.
- Watch the sun rise each morning before or after meditation, yoga, or some other quiet time within.
- Walk through the forest or get in a last swim. We’re moving through libra, which calls for balance now. Wash away all that you no longer need moving into the fall.
- Invite friends over for a BBQ and roast veggies from the last harvest.
- Deck out your home with leaves, greens, and golds.
- Make a list of 10 things you can let go of this autumn. Be empowered by the trees that do this so effortlessly.
- Use pine, fir, and spruce essential oils to call in the life that is still thriving around you and that will thrive through the darkness and cold.
- Give yourself a Reiki treatment with the intention of clearing. Also, send light to the plants around you as they begin to store their life force below.
- Bring in the aromatics of fall – clove, cinnamon, rooibos red tea, oat straw, and the last harvesting of rosemary, thyme, and sage!
- Get rooted with a root veggie stew too.
As the harvest moon comes to full light, you can also celebrate at a local full moon meditation or gathering.